We use cookies for monitoring visitor numbers only and we do not store any personal details. Learn more...

Fairfield Housing Association
Apply online at Fairfield Housing Perth

How to apply for a Fairfield house

Fairfield has a range of property types and a mix of new developments being built and vacancies within our existing housing stock.

To apply for a property with Fairfield, you need to be over 16 years of age and resident in the UK.

The first step is to complete our application form.

You can:

  • Download and complete our application form online. Once completed save a copy of your application and email to reception@fairfield-ha.org.uk
  • Email us for a form at reception@fairfield-ha.org.uk
  • Phone us for a form on 01738 630738 and we will send it out to you, or
  • Pop into our office at 5 Fairfield Avenue, Perth PH1 2TF to collect a form

Our staff will be happy to help you with any application questions.

You can return your completed form to us by email, by post or drop it off at our office.

What happens next?

We process all applications usually within two working days, and award your application points on the basis of your housing needs. We will let you know your points allocation by email or letter within a week.

Points are awarded where an applicant:

  • Lives in an overcrowded property
  • Is under-occupying a property
  • Has no security of tenure
  • Requires family support or needs to provide support
  • Is having their home repossessed
  • Has significant structural faults in their current property
  • Has a medical condition (if this applies to you we will ask you to also fill in a medical assessment form, which will be examined independently)

Points can be awarded in a wide range of circumstances. You can find full details in our allocations policy.

Allocating homes

Homes may be allocated from existing stock or from new developments.

Existing stock vacancies

When a vacancy arises in our existing stock we phone the applicant with the highest number of points qualifying for the property type to see if they are interested in the house and to arrange a viewing. If the applicant accepts the house then that is the vacancy filled. If the applicant refuses the house, we will then approach the next applicant on our list to see if they are interested in the house.

New developments

We allocate all new developments a few months before they are completed and we use the same process as we do for existing stock vacancies, as described above. Fairfield usually gives Perth and Kinross Council (PKC) access to 50% of all new homes via the Common Housing Register. However, Fairfield is not a member of the Common Housing Register and you must apply directly to us for housing. If you are currently on the Common Housing Register, you can ask to be nominated for a Fairfield property. Please contact Perth and Kinross Council for details.

Looking for accomodation in Perth and Kinross?

You may want to look at Perth and Kinross Councils Housing Options Self Assessment service. This is a free online service which aims to provide you with information on options suitable to your individual circumstances. It has information on the Private Sector, Money and Benefits, Over and Under Crowding, Sheltered and Amenity housing as well as Social Housing. For more information please contact Perth and Kinross Council.

Need a LIFT to buy a home?

The Open Market Shared Equity Scheme is aimed to help first time buyers, social rented tenants, disabled people with a housing need, armed forces personnel and recent veterans.

This is an important housing option to help people on low to moderate incomes afford to buy a home without having to fund it all themselves. For more information please contact Open Market Share Equity Scheme (LIFT).

© 2019 Fairfield Housing Association | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map