We use cookies for monitoring visitor numbers only and we do not store any personal details. Learn more...

Fairfield Housing Association
making a complaint - Fairfield Housing Perth

Making a complaint

At Fairfield we pride ourselves on providing a first-class service. However, from time to time there may be an occasion when you feel the need to complain. We regard a complaint as an expression or dissatisfaction about our action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us or on our behalf. Complaints give us the chance to improve things and our service to so we take them seriously and welcome the feedback.

What can I complain about?

Complaints can cover a range of issues, such as:

  • Delays in responding to any request or enquiries you may make
  • Failure to provide a service that we said we would
  • Our standards of service
  • Dissatisfaction with our policy on a specific issue
  • Treatment by or attitude of a member of staff
  • Our failure to follow proper procedure
  • Treatment by or attitude of a board member
  • If your complaint is regarding anti-social behaviour please see section below

Your complaint may involve more than one of our services or be about someone working on our behalf.

How do I complain?

You can complain:

Ideally, speak directly to a member of staff about your complaint, as this allows us to hopefully resolve the issue quickly for you.

When complaining, tell us:

  • Your full name and address
  • As much as you can about the complaint
  • What has gone wrong
  • How you want us to resolve the matter

What happens next?

We will always tell you who is dealing with your complaint. Our complaints procedure has two stages:

Stage one – frontline resolution

We aim to resolve complaints quickly and close to where we provided the service. This could mean an on-the-spot apology and explanation if something has clearly gone wrong and immediate action to resolve the problem.

We will:

Give you our decision at stage one in five working days or less.

Stage two – investigation

Deals with two types of complaint: those that have not been resolved at stage 1 and those that are complex and need detailed investigation.

We will:

  • Acknowledge receipt within three working days.
  • Discuss the complaint with you to understand why you remain dissatisfied and what outcome you are looking for.
  • Give you our full response to the complaint as soon as possible and within 20 working days.

What if I am still dissatisfied?

If after we have fully investigated you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way we dealt with your complaint, you can ask the Scottish Public Services Ombudsmen (SPSO) to look at it.

Contact the SPSO

In person:

Bridgeside House, 99 McDonald Road
Edinburgh EH7 4NS

By post:

Freepost EH641
Edinburgh EH3 0BR

Freephone: 0800 377 7330
Online: https://www.spso.org.uk/contact-us
Website: https://www.spso.org.uk/
Mobile: http://m.spso.org.uk

Complaints and Significant Performance Failures

If you are unhappy or have any concerns about Fairfield Housing Association as a landlord please refer to the attached leaflet which provides information on complaints and service failures and how to contact the Scottish Housing Regulator.

What is anti-social behaviour?

We take anti-social behaviour in our homes and communities seriously.

Anti-social behaviour includes a wide range of unacceptable behaviour that affects the quality of life for tenants or other people living in our areas.

If you believe you are suffering from anti-social behaviour, please get in touch.

Incidents and issues may be estate management or tenancy breaches. Your housing officer will talk to you about possible actions or solutions. They may also put you in touch with other organisations that could help.

What is anti-social behaviour?

  • Serious assault
  • Serious harassment
  • Hate crime - based on race, sexual orientation, gender, disability or belief
  • Aggressive or abusive behaviour
  • Drug-related activity
  • Noise nuisance/disturbance
  • Neighbour disputes
  • Verbal/written harassment
  • Vandalism
  • Serious damage to property
  • Non-accidental fires
  • Graffiti
  • Dog fouling in public places
  • Fly-tipping

What is not anti-social behaviour?

  • Parking issues
  • Boundary issues
  • Cooking smells
  • Dogs barking and issues with pets
  • Untidy gardens

How do I report anti-social behaviour?

You should report any incident about you, or a member of your household, to your housing officer. They'll record it, investigate it and take action according to our anti-social behaviour policy.

If you have a serious or urgent problem about Fairfield Housing Association tenants:

Call the police on: 999

Call us on: 01738 630738


© 2021 Fairfield Housing Association | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Site Map